top of page

Any veteran can request a free set of medals and ribbons one time.  If a veteran requests a second set of medals or ribbons from the National Archives that the Archives once provided for free, then there will be a charge for any subsequent request.

To order medals or ribbons just complete Standard Form 180 (SF-180) an attached example is provided.  Ensure you complete the address where you want them sent to and sign.

Once you mail the request to National Personnel Records Center, 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138, it takes approximately 8-10 months to receive them.  Or if you prefer you can order via the online request by going to National Personnel Records Center and requesting them on line (same amount of time to process).

Once you make the request and it has been more than 8 months, then you can request a status by calling:
Army: (877) 827-9026 U. S. Army TACOM Clothing and heraldry (PSID) Philadelphia
Air Force: (210) 565-2516 Headquarters Air Force Randolph AFB TX
Navy: (866) 827-5672 Navy Personnel Command Millington, TN
Marine Corps: (866) 827-5672 Navy Personnel Command, Millington, TN
Coast Guard: (703) 872-6839 Coast Guard Personnel Service Arlington, VA

bottom of page